- We have three sessions together per week, (and also Common Hour) so let’s make the most of this distinctive intellectual and personal group experience, which is a privilege for all of us in today’s world.
- Please turn off and put away cell phones and laptops at the start of class unless we will be using them for an in-class exercise.
- Please no eating during class (drinking is OK)—the sound and smell of food is distracting.
- Please try to take restroom breaks before or after class (excepting of course emergencies)—people getting up in the middle of discussion to go in and out is distracting and can be disrespectful of fellow students.
- Likewise, whispering and writing notes with a partner are always really noticeable to the instructor and usually to at least half the class (contrary to what participants usually think!)—and distracting too—so please avoid.
- A class is a good place to practice professional focus for work beyond Bucknell.